Monday, September 23, 2013

The final week: the mosaic takes shape, by Maria Sondergaard


Only four days left of the Zuna Yoga 200hr Teacher Training... Four! Four!?!?!?! Where did September go?

Yoga Teacher Training Certification Gili Air Indonesia
Safe shoulders in Trikonasana
A part of me is really looking forward to end the course. That would be the worn out body that gets up at 5:15am every day, and is now seriously tired.

A bigger part of me doesn't want the course to end. I’m in a beautiful, caring and funny group. It’s 200 hours of self-development. I have a top quality teacher who is a never-ending source of knowledge. And I feel the effects of 12 hours yoga a day on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level – such sweet effects. I feel like I’ve been peeling off a layer or two, on my way to my true self. Like a snake shedding its old skin to reveal the new.

And another part of me doesn't want to course to end because I don’t feel ready for it. Imagine a massive balloon filled with colourful confetti. Now someone is popping that balloon right over your head and all the little pieces of magnificent colours are raining over you. It’s beautiful, it’s magical and enchanting. All of this colourful confetti consists of samskara, ahamkara, nauli, kriya, gunas, doshas, breathing, alignment, bandhas, asana, vayu, prana...and more. And now we try to collect all the little bits and pieces, connect all of them, so they make sense in a big and spectacular mosaic. That’s exactly how I feel at the moment. And now I only have four days to collect, connect and make it all come together… really??


200 500hr Yoga Teacher Training Certification Gili Air Indonesia
Soaking up the knowledge
So I’m really trying to wrap my head around all the terms, some of them new, some of them known – but remembering all and in the right context is easier said than done. My inner perfectionist really wants to have it all come together during these last few days. I could sit after our (almost) 12 hour day, open my books and study. Practice the asanas I yet haven’t mastered, to deepen my understanding and make sure I’m going out there to share all these Zuna Yoga teachings. And the reality is, this is just a beginning. My learning doesn't end in a few days. We will all continue our studies and practices on our own – and through that, we'll be able to connect all the dots.

It’s been one crazy, inspiring and intense journey – and it’s not completely over just yet. I’m still swirling in the confetti, sometimes confused and always grateful. But I'm confident that my great, big mosaic is close to unfolding into a beautiful unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment